How I made 8% return in 2 Minutes on Mar 12, 2020 – Let’s discuss this Expiry day trading…
Weekly Index option, as we can see the below Screenshot from my Zerodha A/c ie;
- Index – Nifty Call Option
- Expiry – 12th March
- Strike Price – 10,000
- Traded Quantity – 750
Strategy to Initiate Trade
Nifty is around 9,700 and all the Call Options were down by 90% since Nifty 50 is down by close to 7% and I thought I can make a quick 1-2 point move.
So, I placed a Order for Nifty 10,000 12th Mar CE – you can see the Screenshot below;
At 11:16 AM – Buy order for 750 Quantity got executed for Rs. 11.5 &
At 11:18 AM – Sell order for 750 Quantity got executed for Rs. 12.5
In less than 2 Minutes I made a profit of Rs. 750 – you can see the Screenshot below;
Reasons for Profit of 8% ?
- Sticking to Plan ( Plan is to get 1 – 1.5 points and close the trade)
- Right Entry & Exit Point ( Market just started recovering from the lows and I’m quick enough to pick and execute )
- Small Margin ( Since it is Expiry and all the options on expiry day losses all its value )
- Not getting Over whelmed ( Because sometimes I do 2-3 trades but today I didn’t )
That’s how I made 8% return in 2 minutes…
Looking forward to tomorrow’s trade and doing more such trades by making sure everything goes according to Plan, if it doesn’t work then going for Plan – B. I’ll discuss what is my Plan – B in another trade blog.
Until then, this is Rushi. Happy Trading!